Wednesday, July 7, 2010

the desert

There's only one thing that i could say, and that is i am spoilt. With so many choices generously unveiling itself to me, its hard to chose just one thing. Over indulging is a line easily crossed. Especially when company is as abundant as the smothering baking desert heat, or as blissful as the blows of the mighty Jequetepeque wind that comes as early as the eyes are fresh from soundless sleeps.

So what should i do when I've had one too many? Or the balance of zen once again goes horribly weird, and that an over sized meltdown is creeping its way around the corner? Well, if you're like me, you'd make a trip to the land of plenty. I need help. Liver failing, lungs filled and the brain... well... the evidence is right before you my friend.

With everyday passed here, the heart becomes more and more silent. No longer it thinks about the past or future. It was content simply to muse over the desert, and to leave all that is bad behind. The kinda bad that makes you feel so dirty, yet so alive. Sort of like forbidden love, clandestine sex if you must. You know you shouldn't do it, but it feels so damn good.

Strangely enough, the mind agrees too. The heart and the mind had become friends, and neither of them betraying the other. Enlightenment perhaps? For a brief moment... well... yes, I think so. Life unfolds unpredictable ways. I'm still here, and forced to consider that I might actually 'be here'. I want to understand, reach into the Soul of the World, and be apart of it. And I know that in it, was my own.

I know, I know. I'm a total slut for enlightenment. What can I say?


the orange box


chalie brown


burro


charlie


the wind


the silent hello


moche ceramic


gandalf


the puzzling cross


huaca colorada


i need more of this

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures and solid prosaic writing, as always. Look forward to hearing more from you and your goings-on Mbn!! :)

    ReplyDelete